Princess Tea Party Tips
Can you think of anything more feminine, more lovely, more "girly" than a group of young girls... all dressed in their princess finery sitting down to a decked out tea table with royal dainties? Girls across the globe love dress up and love tea...so why not combine the two and make the perfect event for your girls!
Here are easy steps toward making the perfect memory for your little princess:
1. Set a date: Keep in mind the ages of your little ones and set the time when they won't be too tired, too hungry or too cranky! The "official" teatime is late afternoon, but that doesn't mean you can't have a wonderful teatime in the morning as well.
2. Invite your Guests - You and your princess can make adorable tea party invitations.
3. Decorate: Let your princess help with this part...after all, it is HER event. We'll talk about the tea table in a minute.
4. Make the food: Traditional tea fare includes scones and clotted cream. Other royal tea treats are chocolate covered strawberries, thumbprint cookies, cucumber sandwiches (or substitute the ever popular PB&J sandwich for younger ones) and miniature teacakes.
5. Set the table: Go all out here. Use a lovely tablecloth, cloth napkins and real teacups not plastic. Not only will this be fun for your little ones, but it'll be a great lesson in etiquette as well as they learn to put on their finest manners for your tea.
6. Plan some games.
7. Enjoy the day: Most of all make it fun. Take many pictures and record the memories. Your little princess will go to bed that night smiling from ear to ear with the joy of the day!